Friday, August 14, 2015

20 week scan

Well this week saw me alternate between exhausted and manically cleaning the house. Cue me mopping the floors at 6:30 am!? Madness. Gary came down and asked me who I was and what I'd done with Amy!

It was lovely to see bubba on the ultrasound, I'm happy to report everything with baby is absolutely fine, everything is in the right place and he/she has the right amount of limbs and organs! I'm a little sad it will be our last ultrasound although I'm tempted to book a private one at a later date. I was surprised by how far down baby is still, it had it's head on my right hand side and its bum stuck up near my left side but well under my belly button.


Baby was laid with one arm under it's head like last time (I hope it's not stuck there!) and it had it's legs fully stretched out above itself, it was so funny to see! Baby was totally chilled and let the nice lady do all his/her measurements. We weren't asked if we wanted to know the gender and tbh we (I) had decided we really wanted a surprise! Although after seeing the amount of neutral clothes/accessories available almost wish we had asked.

You can see baby's long (!) legs on this one and the wee hand just floating around.

Now we've had our 20 week scan I feel a bit more comfortable buying baby things. Although we haven't actually bought anything yet (bar a wee elephant teddy). Looking at prams etc is a tad overwhelming and on top of that we need to get a pram that folds really compactly as our boot is teeny tiny!
We went to the Mamas and Papas outlet in Huddersfield which I'd been saving to go to, but I was disappointed with the size of it if I'm honest! Not to mention it didn't seem much cheaper in comparison to the Internet. Although I did buy my first maternity jeans for £5 so there's that...

Baby is getting loads stronger and booted me quite hard earlier! Also we decided on a boys and a girls name today, we're keeping them quiet but I'm happy with both choices. Just got to wait 140 days now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment